Manager – Tax Services
We are a unique and growing firm that prides ourselves on:
Work/Life Balance: Creating balance that’s effective for both you AND the firm. No one is asked to work extraordinary overtime, which is unusual in our industry!
Career Advancement: Opportunities result from our continued growth and success.
Competitive Compensation: We pay top dollar to our associates and recognize that good talent costs money.
Easily Accessible Location: Our offices are in the suburban Corporate Woods office complex in Overland Park.
A manager role at TPP is a dynamic opportunity if you enjoy public accounting and are interested in working directly with business owners. This opportunity requires a command for technical proficiency and the ability to research more complicated tax issues and communicate findings internally and with clients. Additionally, we are looking for someone who has a desire to train and develop tax knowledge with less experienced associates.
Engagement Management and Client Service
- Build and manage profitable, sustainable client relationships.
- Anticipate and address client concerns; Promptly develop and implement solutions to engagement challenges.
- Manage engagement scope and budget issues.
Growing the Practice
- Demonstrated activity in business development and preparation of complex proposals.
- Initiate new ideas and business solutions that result in extended services to existing clients across multiple service areas.
- Assume an increasing role in firm-wide target marketing and industry programs.
- Achieve expertise and develop a reputation in at least one industry.
Recruiting and Leading People
- Provide timely and constructive feedback to enhance the professional growth of staff.
- Anticipate learning opportunities for staff, both business and technical, and delegate accordingly.
- Provide leadership, maintain professional image, and be a role model.
- 6+ years of public accounting experience in the tax area with increasing levels of responsibility.
- History of leadership, initiative, and drive.
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting.
- CPA license.
- Demonstrated ability to work well with others.
- Ambition and experience to grow the client base.
- Experience with manufacturing or construction clients is preferred, but not required.
- Service attitude for providing timely responsiveness to clients’ needs, anticipate concerns and promptly develop and implement solutions.
Call Dave Workmon at 913.323.9117 or email us HERE